By Candace Berger
The reason why I decided to write about this topic at this time is because we are heading into the fall and winter months where we don’t get out as much. This can cause a low energy and depression to get worse. Here are some tips to utilize for self-care:
- Take a shower or bath that has nice smelling shampoo, conditioner, body wash and bubbles for baths.
- Buy lotions that have your favorite fragrances and utilize them to help calm you down. You can get these at Bath and Body works. You also could get candles that are fragrant from Target or Amazon.
- Read or write inspirational ideas that make you happy. Reading inspirational quotes can sometimes open our eyes to things we didn’t think of before and can lift you up.
- Put on fuzzy pajamas or fuzzy/fluffy material in the evening. This helps in calming those nerves a person may have happening to them. I know it does help me relax a lot because of the feel of the fabric.
- Fix your hair in different styles. This one can be fun, especially if you have the right types of gels, mousse, curling iron and picks/brushes.
- Get a Sun Lamp. In other words, a Light Box 10,000 lux for $30. This helps with depression during the winter months and on gloomy days. Usually it is used for Seasonal Affective Disorder, which is a type of depression that last from one season to the next. It is also referred to as (SAD).
- Read, do art, play music, or write about anything. I know I repeated this one in other blogs but it does help to get out those harsh feelings you may have inside.
Well that is all for now. I hope you enjoy these ideas.