Announcement – Board of Directors Opening
Chrysalis, Inc. is a non-profit agency based in Madison, Wisconsin that promotes mental health and substance recovery by supporting work opportunities that encourage hope, healing and wellness. Chrysalis is currently looking for individuals who are passionate about the work of Chrysalis to join our Board of Directors. While we welcome anyone who is interested to connect to learn more, we are specifically looking for individuals with the following skill sets or experiences.
- Lived experience with mental health and/or substance use challenges
- Experience as an employer who has worked in partnership with Chrysalis
- Skills in fundraising and development
- Focus on promoting racial and social justice within behavioral healthcare.
To learn more about Chrysalis please visit our website at https://workwithchrysalis.org/
Chrysalis envisions a community with everyone belongs. A community that is free from stigma, rooted in racial and social justice. This community is one where:
- wellness and recovery are possible
- work, education, and purpose are recognized as integral to recovery
- everyone has access to peer support and holistic, equitable mental health and substance use services, and
- diverse lived experiences and strengths are celebrated
BOARD MEMBER ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide organizational guidance, oversight, and representation within the community
- Partner with organization leadership to achieve the Chrysalis mission
- Support agency growth, strategic visioning, and equity, inclusion and diversity efforts
- Attend monthly board meetings; currently these meeting are being held virtually and take place the first Thursday of every month from 4:45 – 6:00pm
- Assist with board member recruitment
- Support fundraising and community visibility efforts
- Invited to serve three-year term
- Time commitment varies based on member involvement with a range of two-five hours per month.
Please submit a letter of interest to the Chrysalis Executive Director, Dani Rischall, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are welcome to call or follow-up via e-mail with any questions or for an opportunity to meet and further discuss this opportunity.
Chrysalis is rooted in equitable recruiting practices and committed to creating a community workplace where diverse lived experiences are welcomed and celebrated. Belonging and empowerment are the result of our collective and continuous acts of listening and engagement to build our inclusive and thriving community.