Job Announcement – Employment Specialist (Full-time Preferred)
Mission Statement: Chrysalis promotes mental health recovery by supporting work opportunities that encourage hope, healing and wellness.
Chrysalis practices the following recovery principles;
- Participants determine their own path.
- Participants can and do overcome obstacles.
- Recovery focuses on people’s entire lives, including mind, body, spirit and community.
- Peer Support or mutual support plays an important role in recovery.
- There are multiple pathways to recovery based on participant’s unique strengths, preferences, experiences and cultural backgrounds.
- Recovery isn’t a step-by-step process but one based on continual growth, occasional setbacks and learning from experience.
Chrysalis works to address inequities and oppression in our community by promoting the following values;
- Celebrating the strengths that come from diverse experiences and preferences.
- Welcoming anyone at any stage in their mental health recovery journey.
- Recognizing people have the power to reach their individual goals and grow in various aspects of their life.
- Promoting inclusivity in the community by supporting meaningful work opportunities, and partnerships.
- Utilizing cultural humility to provide appropriate interventions that support the recovery and healing of those we serve.
Job Summary: The Employment Specialist is responsible for developing relationships with local businesses and providing community-based vocational support services to adults with serious mental health challenges. These services include vocational counseling and support, assessment, skills training, and problem solving. Employment Specialists communicate with employers regarding participant’s performance, and maintain excellent employer relations. The Employment Specialist works with other treatment providers to coordinate services and develop recovery-focused treatment plans. The Employment Specialist is responsible for keeping all documentation accurate and up to date, including: progress notes, vocational assessments, hour logs, and releases of information. Chrysalis utilizes the evidence based practice, Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model of Supported Employment, to learn more please visit www.ipsworks.org.
Employment Specialists will also be responsible for providing job support for Chrysalis Pops. Chrysalis Pops is a local, organic, frozen fruit pop business that provides Chrysalis participants the opportunity to gain meaningful paid work experiences in a supported setting. To learn more about Chrysalis Pops please visit www.workwithchrysalis.org/programs/chrysalis-pops.
- Strong commitment to principles of recovery and person-centered services.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in social work, rehabilitation psychology, human services, or related field.
- 2 years experience working with individuals who have serious mental health challenges.
- Knowledge of mental health diagnoses, symptoms, and treatments.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws governing the handling of confidential information.
- Ability to evaluate, make recommendations and problem solve about mental health and job-related concerns.
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively with participants, employers, and staff.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Mental Health and Vocational Rehabilitation systems in Dane County.
- Ability to create and maintain professional boundaries.
- Valid driver’s license, access to a car to use for work, and current automobile insurance.
Work Conditions: Shared office setting that promotes communication with co-workers. Staff provide the majority (65%) of services in the community, not limited to homes, treatment centers and participants place of employment. Staff is expected to travel throughout Dane County and transport participants when appropriate. The regular work week is Monday through Friday with scheduling flexibility to meet staff and program needs. Staff creates their own schedule with participants. Each day will look different based on specific job responsibilities and participant’s needs. Accommodations are available upon request.
Population Served: Chrysalis participants have a wide array of different backgrounds and experiences. Staff is expected to be comfortable working with Individuals with all of the following;
- Mental Health and Addiction Diagnosis
- Current Substance Use
- Criminal Backgrounds
- Multi-cultural identities
- Varied Levels of Engagement in Services
Hours: 8:30-4:30, Monday – Friday; flexible scheduling available, occasional evenings and weekends (to provide job support to participants who work outside of the regular work week)
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off Package
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible scheduling
- Training opportunities and professional development
- Mileage reimbursement
Employee Status: Exempt
Salary: $37,000 – $43,000
Application Due: 1/5/18
Please submit a cover letter AND resume to:
Chrysalis, Inc. 1342 Dewey Court, Madison, WI 53703, Attn: Dani Rischall.
Documents can also be provided via e-mail – email@example.com
Call (608) 256-3102 with questions
Chrysalis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer