Job Announcement – Supported Employment Specialist (Full-time Preferred)
Mission Statement: Chrysalis promotes mental health recovery by supporting work opportunities that encourage hope, healing, and wellness.
Job Summary: The Supported Employment Specialist is responsible providing community-based, recovery-focused, vocational support services to adults with serious mental health challenges. These services include vocational counseling and support, assessment, skills training, and problem solving. Supported Employment Specialists develop relationships with local businesses and communicate with employers regarding participant’s performance. The Supported Employment Specialist works with other treatment providers to coordinate services and develop person-centered treatment plans. The Supported Employment Specialist is responsible for keeping all documentation accurate and up to date, including: progress notes, vocational assessments, hour logs, and releases of information. Chrysalis utilizes the evidence based practice, Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model of Supported Employment, please visit www.ipsworks.org to learn more.
- Strong commitment to principles of recovery and person-centered services.
- Degree in social work, rehabilitation psychology, human services, or related field.
- Experience working with individuals who have serious mental health challenges.
- Experience working in vocational or employment development and placement.
- Ability to evaluate and problem solve about mental health and job-related concerns.
- Sensitivity to the needs of underserved adults with multiple barriers to employment.
- Knowledge of mental health and vocational rehabilitation systems in Dane County.
- Ability to create and maintain professional boundaries.
- Valid driver’s license, access to a car to use for work, and current automobile insurance.
- Creativity, organization, efficiency, flexibility and ability to take initiative; must be able to work independently.
Work Conditions: Shared office setting that promotes communication with co-workers. Staff provide the majority (65%) of services in the community, not limited to homes, treatment centers and participants place of employment. Staff is expected to travel throughout Dane County and transport participants when appropriate. The regular work week is Monday through Friday with scheduling flexibility to meet staff and program needs. Staff creates their own schedule with participants. Each day will look different based on specific job responsibilities and participant’s needs. Accommodations are available upon request.
Population Served: Chrysalis participants have a wide array of different backgrounds and experiences. Staff is expected to be comfortable working with Individuals with all of the following;
- Mental Health and Addiction Diagnosis
- Current Substance Use
- Criminal Backgrounds
- Multi-cultural Identities
- Varied Levels of Engagement in Services
Hours: 8:30-4:30, Monday – Friday; flexible scheduling available, occasional evenings and weekends (to provide job support to participants who work outside of the regular work week)
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off Package
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible scheduling
- Training opportunities and professional development
- Mileage reimbursement
Chrysalis practices the following recovery principles;
- Participants determine their own path.
- Participants can and do overcome obstacles.
- Recovery focuses on people’s entire lives, including mind, body, spirit and community.
- Peer Support or mutual support plays an important role in recovery.
- There are multiple pathways to recovery based on participant’s unique strengths, preferences, experiences and cultural backgrounds.
- Recovery isn’t a step-by-step process but one based on continual growth, occasional setbacks and learning from experience.
Chrysalis works to address inequities and oppression in our community by promoting the following values;
- Celebrating the strengths that come from diverse experiences and preferences.
- Welcoming anyone at any stage in their mental health recovery journey.
- Recognizing people have the power to reach their individual goals and grow in various aspects of their life.
- Promoting inclusivity in the community by supporting meaningful work opportunities, and partnerships.
- Utilizing cultural humility to provide appropriate interventions that support the recovery and healing of those we serve.
Employee Status: Exempt
Salary: $37,000 – $43,000
Application Due: 10/1/2018
Start Date: 11/5/2018
Please submit a cover letter AND resume to:
Chrysalis, Inc. 1342 Dewey Court, Madison, WI 53703, Attn: Amy Yonker
Documents can also be provided via e-mail – email@example.com
Call (608) 256-3102 with questions
Chrysalis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer