Announcement – Part-Time Nurse Care Coordinator (NCC) Position Available
As part of the nation-wide Supported Employment Demonstration (SED) Chrysalis is hiring for a Nurse Care Coordinator. The SED is a four year study looking at individuals with mental health challenges who have been denied Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). We are excited about this opportunity and looking to grown our team by adding a NNC position to facilitate the systematic medication management requirement of the SED. The medication management requirement aims to provide participants randomized to the Full-Service arm of the study with evidence-based medication decisions that will improve overall functioning and enhance their employment potential. The NCC will conduct ongoing individual status assessments with each Full-Service participant and actively collaborate with clinical team members and the participant’s prescriber.
The NCC must be a registered nurse (RN) who can provide initial and ongoing clinical assessments of the participant’s mental health, physical health and social status in the service of medication management. The NCC must interact professionally and efficiently with primary care providers, specialists and prescribers in the community. Key qualifications required for the NCC include:
- Registered nurse in good standing
- Mental health experience and/or training (Community-based preferred)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable acting as a participant’s advocate in coordinating interventions:
- Interacting with the prescriber and participant concerning medication management
- Working with the treatment team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience assessing people with mental disorders
- Experience using laptop and desktop computers and computer applications
- Willingness to travel to Rockville, MD for a two-day training
Population Served: Chrysalis consumers have a wide array of different backgrounds and experiences. The NCC is expected to be comfortable working with Individuals with all of the following;
- Mental Health and Addiction Diagnosis
- Current Substance Use
- Criminal Backgrounds
- Different Races and Ethnicities
- Varied Levels of Engagement in Services
Hours: 10 hours/week in year one (starting August 2017), will increase to 20 hours/week in year two and three of the study and decrease back to 10 hours/week in the forth and final year of the study. Possibility of continuation following the completion of the study.
- Health and Dental Insurance (available at 20 hours/week)
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible scheduling
- Training opportunities and professional development
- Mileage reimbursement
Salary Range: Based on experience and qualifications
Application Due: 7/13/17
Start Date: 8/21/17
Please submit a cover letter AND resume to:
Chrysalis, Inc. 1342 Dewey Court, Madison, WI 53703, Attn: Dani Rischall.
Documents can also be provided via e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Call (608) 256-3102 with questions
Chrysalis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Chrysalis Board of Directors Position Available
Chrysalis, Inc. is a non-profit agency that promotes mental health recovery by supporting work opportunities that encourage hope, healing and wellness. Chrysalis is currently looking for two community members to join the Chrysalis Board of Directors. We are looking for individuals with experience in one of the following.
- Lived experience with mental illness
- Experience in business management
If you are interested in supporting the work of Chrysalis and making a meaningful contribution to mental health services in Dane County please contract Executive Director, Dani Rischall (email@example.com).